Hi again everyone!
Someone (who shall remain nameless) was moaning that I don't put enough pictures on my blog. So! I am going to put up a whole bunch of pictures from the weeks and weeks and weeks gone by, when I have neglected to post. Here you go.
OK - before the pics, I'll tell you about what I did today. I've been sick for a while (with strep throat) BUT I got antibiotics and am feeling so much better now. Good thing, because it was SPA day! My friend Lucia (Korean) took Rosalie and I out of town to what she described as a beautiful hot spring in the mountains. It was that. Now, what Lucia left out was that it was basically a beautiful amusement park of hot springs in the mountains. I have never seen anything like this! I WISH I could have taken my camera, I really wanted to show you guys. Anyway, picture the water park at Canada's Wonderland, including the crazy slides. Now add about 20 little rooms, with various themes, like Jazz music, Asian traditional, TV room, couples room (we didn't venture in there), etc etc. And add the most beautiful sauna you've ever seen (it was marble). Now put it all outside on a mountain. Now make it all hot water... including the water slides. That was my day!
Most of these pics come from Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
Why not?
Building the giant Hannukiah - Roger is in beige, Tobi (the girl who so wonderfully lets me stay at her place in Seoul) is in the red, and I don't really know the guy in blue. He's from Israel, and he didn't speak a lot of English.
Korean t-shirts often have English writing on them. A lot of the time, something is lost in translation...
This is one of the best things about Korea. Notice that in the same store, you can buy underwear, winter coats, clothes, books, and music. This is in the main Seoul subway station.
This was taken just outside the Daejeon Cultural Center. It's right outside my school, which is awesome because it's a gorgeous building and houses a ton of performances. I've seen 3 so far, including a phenomenal Chinese Ballet (performed by the National Chinese Ballet on tour). It was one of the most beautiful shows I've ever seen.
Tina and I at Monkey Beach... it's a bar in Seoul where you get buckets of alcohol. Eeeeeeep!
Inside the secret garden in Seoul.
Also inside the secret garden. Top left is Tina, middle is Connie, then me, Rosie is bottom right and Rachel is bottom left.
There was this cool tree cared into a dragon!
Purty.
This was taken inside a secret garden in the middle of Seoul. It's really neat because the city is a huge, bustling, kind of grey and smelly place, and suddenly you can turn the corner and enter this lush, green, beautiful garden. There were lots of people there, but it was still a peaceful escape.
They really do Tai Chi in the park. Actually, they'll do Tai Chi pretty much anywhere.
Me and Lucia with one of many, many crazy cartoon-y statues around Seoul.
Me and Rosie
This is the Seoul Tower.... kinda cool, eh? Dad, I thought you might be interested in this one.
So that's my picture show! They got out of order when I uploaded them, so it's a little mumbo-jumbo. Sorry about that!
Hope you all had a great week and a Happy Chanukah/Merry Christmas! Enjoy New Years next week! I'll be going back to Seoul, and will hopefully have some more pics for you.
Much love, xox
Lisa


1 comment:
THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS... LOVED THEM
Also enjoyed reading your stories... have I mentioned I am still J E A L O U S :)
Post a Comment